- Add a thin layer of olive oil to the bottom of a medium-high saucepan and add onion. As onion begins to become translucent and soft add the garlic and cook until the garlic begins to lightly colour.
- Add oregano and thyme – 1tsp is a good starting point but again your preference. Stir.
- Add cans of tomato (we blend ours to make it a nice smooth consistency).
- Bring the heat up so the sauce begins to simmer and reduce to a low heat.
- Taste. Add salt, pepper and your sugar. Taste again. Adjust herbs and seasonings till you get a taste you’re happy with.
- Allow mixture to simmer for 20-30 minutes, topping up with water if it begins to get too thick or dry out.
Super easy and again very flexible. Do what you want with this.